In 2016-17, Circle of Friends served 32 different youth in our community, from age 6 – 13. Over six years, that total is 42 youth.
Short term goals/outcomes for children are:
- Increased School Success
- Enriched Social and Emotional Development
- Improved Health
- Self-Guided Decision Making
- Plans and Skills for the Future
Longer term outcomes include:
- Increased rate of high school graduation.
- Decrease in early parenting.
- Decrease in juvenile system involvement.
Ultimately, the outcome is to create generational change, that ends the cycle of poverty experienced by these youth and their families.
Twenty-five years of results and research at Friends of the Children is proving this can be done.
- 83% graduate from high school.
- 93% avoid the juvenile justice system.
- 98% avoid early parenting.
In Sisters, we have six years of results to confirm that we are on the right path.